Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How can we generate the excel report from a template ?

By
Yug Faa
on 3/26/13, 9:19 AM 4,429 views

Hi everybody,

How can we generate an Excel report from OpenERP using a template ?

I my case I have three sheets of data, just the first one that we fill, the other retrieve. I know that there are a few engine like Aeroo and Pentaho, but they doesn't take an excel file.

Suggest me an other module if exist. thank you in advance.

Best regards.

Francesco OpenCode

--Francesco OpenCode--
| 5 7 9
Grottaglie, Italy
--Francesco OpenCode--

Italian Odoo (OpenERP) Modules Developer LINKEDIN: http://www.linkedin.com/in/francescoapruzzese

Francesco OpenCode
On 3/26/13, 10:14 AM

If you want create manually a report, you can create a simple csv file. Excel (or Calc if you love yourself) read the csv with no problem.

If you wanna use report engine, use Aeroo because is naturally integrated in Open/LibreOffice and you can use Calc to create the report.

If you want HERE you can find a my old example file. See how to insert code in the report

Can we use templates with Aeroo engine ?

Yug Faa
on 3/28/13, 7:50 AM

Yeah, aeroo is made for this! :)

Francesco OpenCode
on 3/28/13, 8:01 AM

But the problem is that I can't put an Excel file in Input format to be exported later. It supports just ods format :/

Yug Faa
on 4/8/13, 12:43 PM

You can use the ods template like you use the odt

Francesco OpenCode
on 4/8/13, 12:47 PM

So where can I get a sample ODS file, just retrieve one data, a help please

Yug Faa
on 4/8/13, 2:55 PM

I read it, I get a damaged ods file, when I use odt it works well, I do the same thing with ods without any result, My question iw how is difficult to have a sample file (.ods) that loop on model res.partner and list just name, I think it will take three lines. a help please.

Yug Faa
on 4/9/13, 11:33 AM

I updated answer with a link....see it

Francesco OpenCode
on 4/9/13, 11:44 AM

Thank you so much , My Last question is there a difference between Libreoffice and OpenOffice because I get a damaged File, My syntax is correct, so the problem is related to dependance with aeroo or with libreoffice or something else, I don't know, HELP

Yug Faa
on 4/9/13, 11:59 AM

With OpenOffice I obtain errors. Use Libreoffice to create and manage reports.

Francesco OpenCode
on 4/9/13, 12:11 PM

Thank you Francesco Apruzzese

Yug Faa
on 4/9/13, 1:00 PM

@SANOU when you insert a tag, in it you can put simple python code. Download aeroo sample module to understand how to insert and edit tag in odt file.

Francesco OpenCode
on 5/27/13, 8:50 AM

Yeah thanks @FRANCESCO my problem was with the "hyperlink" trick when dealing with .ods template !

SANOU Ibrahim
on 5/28/13, 7:15 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

3 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 3/26/13, 9:19 AM
Seen: 4429 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM