This question has been flagged
3 Replies

When making internal transfer from one currency account to another currency account , the conversion rate is fixed by the system, which is different from the bank rate applied to the transfer resulting in different amount. how can we enter the real exchange rate? 

Discard
Best Answer

You can't edit the Exchange Rate that a Transfer uses, but you can edit the Currency Amount.

AFTER the Transfer has been completed, you can UNPOST (CANCEL) the Journal Entry in the TO: Bank and edit the AMOUNT CURRENCY that was actually deposited.

When you do this, Odoo will also update the DEBIT balance in $USD based on the current exchange rate, so you need to set it back to the original transfer amount.

Payment:

Journal Entry BEFORE unposting and editing:

Journal Entry AFTER unposting and editing:

Balance of the SGD Bank Account:

Make sure "Allow Cancelling Entries" is selected on the Journal (if needed, install the Cancel Journal Entries module)

Discard

I have the same problem, and the way to do this is much to complex. I our case this kind of transfer happens quite frequent, and really it blocks us from using bank statements. And reconciliation.

What we want is to make an easy journal entry where we can post the difference to an agio profit/loss account. But if we do that, the transaction is not visible in bank statement reconciliation.

From my point of view the problem is the program for reconciliation. To many constraints there.

Best Answer

i tried to edite rate type to datetime

and filed to datetime_start , then add another for datetime_end
all that even i can get calendar have horus and minutes
it's worked but still have problem

The operation cannot be completed: Only one currency rate per day allowed!

Discard
Best Answer

Another solution - for using the newer (v14+) method of transfer.

----------

WARNING: I am an I.T. Guy, not necessarily a bookkeeper. This is my best solution; if anyone can find fault with it, I look forward to hearing where it is incorrect from an accounting perspective.
----------
Stick to the accountants mantra: "Always tell the truth". In this case, DECIDE if this is a CAD or a USD transfer - then stick to that. (Do you want to RECEIVE USD750, or do you want to SEND CAD1000) But do the same on both sides!

The problem is that the banks do NOT charge you the going " Odoo" exchange rate - that is the "OVERNIGHT RATE" and only applies to big bankers. YOU get some randomly increased version of that rate so all we can do is approximate what those bank fees are going to be once you receive your cash. Odoo will never be correct - it is the nature of exchange rates. Sometimes the bank also charges a hidden fee. But the amount you receive will always be wrong.

Example: Transferring from CAD1000 from CAD bank to USD bank.

YOU decide if this is a CAD or a USD transfer. In my case, I choose to
* SEND CAD1000 from the CAD bank
* RECEIVE CAD1000 from the USD bank. Manually change the currency to CAD.

This ensures that the Transfer Account is seeing the same amount (CAD1000) both times.

When you Reconcile, the Sending (CAD) account won't have a problem, but the Receiving (USD) bank will wind up with less cash in it than you had hoped. During the USD reconcile, you simply chalk this difference up to an expense account (perhaps "Bank Charges" or "Exchange Fees") manually. You may prefer to use another expense account; it doesn't matter really from the Odoo perspective.

Note: you could just as easily have done the opposite and Transferred the USD amount you wanted to receive on the other end.
* SEND USD750 from the CAD bank (manually set the currency to USD)
* RECEIVE USD 750 at the USD bank

At Reconcilliation - the TRANSFER will be accurate at both ends, but you will need to manually include the bank expense during reconciliation because it will be off by about 2-5% depending on your bank.

The trick is to TRANSFER the same amount in the same currency - then cleanup is simple during reconciliation. And if you can, choose to use the SENDER currency for cleaner reconcillation adjustments.

Discard

At v14 and higher, you show the AMOUNT CURRENCY field on the Bank Statement record and handle any exchange rate difference by entering the actual funds it represents. See https://www.odoo.com/forum/help-1/v14-how-do-i-record-a-bank-transfer-payment-from-two-accounts-in-different-currencies-with-a-specific-fixed-exchange-rate-179026 for details.

Amazing. Thanks Ray. I had not realized that you COULD add the Currency Amount column in the statement! So the trick is still this: Tell the truth. If the sender sends you CAD, then you receive CAD in your USD account. PERFECT.

I owe you another beer.