Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How can we browse table to fetch record without cursor

By
ASP
on 2/19/14, 4:04 AM 1,260 views

Hi All,

I'm using OpenERP-7 in one of my projects and using the ORM feature accessing records from different tables. After investigating the existing codes and going through different forums over web, I came to know that for using ORM object, i.e., to instantiate any model/table for accessing records, using filters, for several operations, we need the cr (cursor) .

Also in some forums it is mentioned that even if we don't have the cursor we can do it by some connection object which requires db_name or req parameter.

Now in my case, I'm not getting the cr or the req and also even the db_name is giving False as I'm using multiple databases for OpenERP.

I'm very curious to know that is there any other way by which I can instantiate ORM objects and access any record of any table/model.

Any help would be appreciated :)

Please help me. I'm waiting for your replies.

Cheers

ASP :)

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 2/19/14, 4:04 AM
Seen: 1260 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM