This question has been flagged

Hello, we're a company using odoo enterprice, and we're in sales having a big issue regarding products in inventory, I will give an example from our workflow for the issue.

When we get a call from a customer who wants to buy product A, as a sales employee I create a quotation for him, and see that product A has 2 available quantity, but It doesn't become on hold or anything until its paid, so when another sales employee gets a call regarding product A too, he'll find it available too, even if its should be reserved for the first customer, so he'll make a quotation too.

In this case, we have 2 different sales employees, created two quotations for 2 different customers for the same product, but whoever will pay first will get the product, but the other one might pay and not get the item because it became out of stock, and he'll ask for a refund besides any other issue he might cause, and there are a lot of issue depending on this case.

If there's any solution regarding this, I will appreciate it, hopefully the case is clear,

Thanks in advance :)

Discard
Best Answer

The logic in Odoo is that stock is reserved when a Quotation is confirmed (and becomes a Sales Order). 

So you could tell a customer that you will reserve the product for 3 days and if they don't pay then the reservation will be cancelled (it's possible to unreserve manually, or Paresh offered an automatic way to do this here)

Discard