Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

how can proceed multi currency for banks?

By
samba
on 6/20/14, 8:44 AM 702 views

I have activated "Allow multi currency" in Accounting configuration and user access rights. I unable to find "currency"  field to select in bank creation. how can we proceed multi currency for banks?

Serpent Consulting Services Pvt. Ltd.

--Serpent Consulting Services Pvt. Ltd.--
| 6 6 8
Gandhinagar, India
--Serpent Consulting Services Pvt. Ltd.--

Serpent Consulting Services Pvt. Ltd. Your Odoo/OpenERP Solution, just an email away!

On 6/20/14, 9:19 AM

Samba,

You should create journals and in the journals, choose the right currency!

Thanks.

samba
On 6/21/14, 8:32 AM

Thank you very much. This solved my problem. but my currency not updating up to date. Please suggest me the way how to update these?

On apps.openerp.com, you have 2 modules doing the same.

on 6/21/14, 12:09 PM

Thank you, What are those modules?

samba
on 6/30/14, 6:44 AM

https://www.openerp.com/apps/trunk/currency_rate_update/

on 6/30/14, 8:52 AM

Thank you Serpent, your helping a lot to me. I tried with this, but its not updating currencies. Configurations regarding this module. Automatical update of the currency this company -> True Currency update frequence -> days web service to use -> "Yahoo Financer" currency to update with this service "EUR,INR,USD" I clicked on "Refresh currencies also". I changed "Currency Rate Update" scheduler Interval Unit to minutes also . I got these configurations from your "http://www.serpentcs.com/serpentcs-currency-operations-in-openerp-7" blog it self. I have followed all the steps from this blog.

samba
on 6/30/14, 11:03 AM

It is raising this error Traceback (most recent call last): File "/home/kptuser/openerp_backup/server/openerp/addons/base/ir/ir_cron.py", line 136, in _callback method(cr, uid, *args) File "/home/kptuser/openerp_backup/custom_modules/currency_rate_update/currency_rate_update.py", line 191, in run_currency_update raise orm.except_orm(_('Error!'),('There is no base currency set!')) except_orm: (u'Error!', 'There is no base currency set!')

samba
on 6/30/14, 12:07 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 6/20/14, 8:44 AM
Seen: 702 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM