This question has been flagged
2 Replies

In the product properties, under procurements, there is a supplier list. I can add an item where I specify the supplier and minimal quantity. In the supplier form view for this list, I can add many lines where I specify a quantity and a price. This would be useful is the prices goes down as the quantity goes up. Once this information is entered, when I create a purchase order, it just uses the "cost" of the product. How can I get it to use the information per supplier and per quantity that I entered above?

Discard
Best Answer

You have to create a separate supplier pricelist:

1. Activate Manage pricelist per supplier in the Purchase Settings menu
  2. Create a new Supplier Pricelist: "Purchase / Configuration / Pricelists"
  3. Create a new Pricelist Version: "Purchase / Configuration / Pricelists / Pricelist Versions" and assign it to the created pricelist
  4. Add new item in the created Pricelist Version
  5. In the section "Price Computation" set the field Based on to Partner section of the product form
  6. Now in the purchase order select the new pricelist

When you now add a new line, then the price of the supplier section of the product should be used. But only when the partner of the purchase order matches an entry in the product supplier info.

Discard
Best Answer

In 6.1 you must create a pricelist with formula based on supplier section of product. In 7.0 you must enable Manage pricelist per supplier from Setting->Purchase. Thanks.

Discard
Author

I know about pricelists and their formulas. So, does this mean that the list of "Price / Quantity" items under the supplier are not linked to anything else in OpenERP? They are there for information purpose only? As a guide in writing the formulas?

Yes, it works as described. Right now I tested runbot. I seted a purchase pricelist based on supplier section from product and also I applied 10% discount. I set supplier Mediapole for product 'USB Adapter' with price 10 for quantity 1 and price 9 for quantity 10. When I encoded a new purchase order for quantity 13, proposed price is 8.10, what is right.

Let me make sure I understand this (i'm new to Open). I have 120,000 items on my website. I have 300 manufacturers. Each item (product) can be purchased from multiple suppliers, on average 4-6 suppliers per product. So I have to have a separate price list for each supplier, thats 4-6 prices lists per product x 120,000 items is roughly 500,000 - 700,000 lists?

Dear C Torbett Crocker,

This is not the case. If you set the pricelist as mentioned in the best answer. Then whenever you have filled in the suppliers form per product it will use that price and delivery time. Please be advised that you need to leave the item selection on the price list version empty! When left empty it will apply the pricelist to every order in which the pricelist is used regardless of which product are in the pricelist.

Hopefully this is clear for you? If not, please leave a comment. I will upload a full description tonight