Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How can I upload a pdf file using onchange function and get the preview using "preview" button ??

By
Deepak nayak
on 11/28/13, 9:46 AM 1,210 views

I know there is DMS module which is used to do uploading of file.It use knowledge module and ir.attachment.py.But I need to upload a pdf file from local system into my openerp custom module using onchange function and get the preview of it. Please help me on this. It very urgent. ThankYou in advance.

Zahin
On 11/28/13, 10:30 AM

Hello,

Take one binary field,

When fire onchange, via base64 encoding get file and set in that binary field.

For preview you might need to design custom web feature, by default OpenERP does not have this feature as per my knowledge.

Thanks,

Hi Zahin can you please provide me some link or some code view so I can easily implement this... and thanks for reply.....

Deepak nayak
on 11/30/13, 5:35 AM

Hi Zahin please provide me some link for that.........

Deepak nayak
on 12/2/13, 1:30 AM

Its kind of tools.image_get_resized_images(obj.image), you need to dig more on tools features.

This website mostly gives 502 ERROR / NGINX...

* BETTER YOU POST YOUR QUESTION ON STACKOVERFLOW.COM *.

Which is strong and easy to gives you answers and updates.

Zahin
on 12/2/13, 2:02 AM

Thanks I look on tool module and try to solve my question........Thanks again for ur reply....and if u find any good answer for me then please post it here....

Deepak nayak
on 12/2/13, 11:05 AM

Yours welcome.

Zahin
on 12/3/13, 11:07 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 11/28/13, 9:46 AM
Seen: 1210 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM