Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

how can i turn off accounting?

By
Tony
on 3/15/13, 5:52 PM 2,179 views

I want to disable all accounting features. I am only using the following features in OpenERP:
CRM - Leads Opportunities etc Project Management Help Desk Customer and Contacts tracking.

I am not doing Sales Quotes, Orders, Invoicing, Chart of accounts and all that.

When I try to add a customer it says "The following fields are invalid: Account Receivable, Account Payable"

I suspect if I disable account functions then those messages will go away but how can I do it?

thanks

What are the installed modules?

Fabrice Henrion (fhe)
on 3/15/13, 8:36 PM

Kevin McMenamin

--Kevin McMenamin--
| 5 2 6
Auckland, New Zealand
--Kevin McMenamin--
Kevin McMenamin
On 3/17/13, 8:20 PM

why not leave them installed and just don't give your users access to the menus etc

Serpent Consulting Services Pvt. Ltd.

--Serpent Consulting Services Pvt. Ltd.--
| 6 6 8
Gandhinagar, India
--Serpent Consulting Services Pvt. Ltd.--

Serpent Consulting Services Pvt. Ltd. Your Odoo/OpenERP Solution, just an email away!

Serpent Consulting Services Pvt. Ltd.
On 3/18/13, 5:58 AM

Hello,

You can either add a group called 'No one' to the Accounting menus, or Your user should not be a part of any of the accounting groups.

To answer: "When I try to add a customer it says "The following fields are invalid: Account Receivable, Account Payable" "

These are property fields, which you can make non-mandatory by a simple inherit.

Hope this helps. Thanks, Serpent Consulting Services.

@Serpent Consulting - Can you explain how to execute this simple inherit to make the fields non-mandatory

Bill Ennals
on 5/7/13, 3:09 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 3/15/13, 5:52 PM
Seen: 2179 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM