Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How can I translate products name and description?

By
Stefan Reisich
on 2/28/13, 12:21 PM 3,497 views

How can I translate products name and description if the default language is german?

E.g. I have created a new product with german name "Testprodukt DE". Now I want translate it do english name "Testproduct EN". How can I do that in OpenERP 7?

Thank you.

Davide Corio

--Davide Corio--
| 4 3 7
Bricherasio, Italy
--Davide Corio--

Odoo Evangelist and Consultant

Davide Corio
On 2/28/13, 1:05 PM

Click on the flag-like icon on the top-right corner of the fields, then you'll be able to insert the translations.

ok that worked. i have created a new translation: source german name, value english name, language english. but why openerp has created a new line with source english name, value english name and language german?

Stefan Reisich
on 2/28/13, 1:09 PM

If this solved your question, you should mark the answer as "correct" using the button below the voting arrows.

Daniel Reis
on 2/28/13, 5:48 PM

The translation works fine. A column is provided where you input the translated description. this translated value(descriptiion) is not displayed in the "sales order" when the item is selected. The user preference in this case is the selected language. just to add one more comment. i notice that the codes (eg. units of measure, etc) are in the language of preference.

omar bajunaid
on 3/9/13, 6:02 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 2/28/13, 12:21 PM
Seen: 3497 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM