Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How can i transfer a product from one warehouse to another

By
R Irawan
on 10/30/15, 8:16 AM 1,308 views

Consider this places:

• Physical Location / Company / Stock / Sydney Warehouse

• Physical Location / Company / Output / Sydney Warehouse

• Physical Location / Company / Input / Singapore Warehouse

• Pysical Location / Company / Stock / Singapore Warehouse.

Suppose i want to transfer a product from Sydney Warehouse to Singapore Warehouse, how can i do this? I am asking more about from which GUI should i do this ?

Specifically, how can i create a transfer order ?

I am using Odoo 8

Dovydas Bagdonas
On 10/30/15, 8:38 AM

Hello. You should create an internal stock move. Odoo Menu: Warehouse -> Traceability -> Stock moves.

Create s new Stock move, choose a product, select Source Location (Sydney War.) and destination Location (Singapore War.), define the quantity of a product that you are moving. You can choose a Picking type as well (it should be internal transfer).

Last step - Process your Stock move.

This is almost like what i want to do, however with "Stock Moves" i have to repeat the steps for each products. I am thinking whether there is a way just like creating a PO, but instead i just need to specify the source and/or destination once and input the product just like i normally do when creating a PO.

R Irawan
on 11/3/15, 6:52 AM

zbik

--zbik--
| 6 4 7
Lodz, Poland
--zbik--

zbik
On 10/30/15, 9:51 AM

If you need full automation of the process (not occasionally), go to menu Warehouse/Configuration/Warehouses, select Singapore Warehouse and check Sydney Warehouse as Resupply Warehouses, will be created automatically corresponding routes definitions.

Can you please elaborate more with your answer, specifically with the "routes definitions". I have done those steps that you mentioned (assigning Sydney as the resupply warehouse for Singapore). But i am still trying to get my head around this routes definitions.

R Irawan
on 11/3/15, 6:58 AM

My suggestion: you read documentation located in file /stock/doc/stock.rst

zbik
on 11/6/15, 8:01 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 10/30/15, 8:16 AM
Seen: 1308 times
Last updated: 10/30/15, 9:51 AM