Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How can I tell if a fix for a bug is available to me?

By
Gilles Lehoux
on 3/7/13, 9:36 AM 756 views

Assume I have an installation based on a nightly build. I come across a bug and find a report for it on launchpad. When looking at a bug report on launchpad, how can I tell that the fix is available to me by clicking "update" in OpenERP's Settings?

Max
On 3/7/13, 12:32 PM

In version 7, if you download an app from the App section in Settings > Modules, it does not download through Bazaar, but instead through apps.openerp.com.

Whenever an App on apps.openerp.com gets a new version number (Version numbers do not always change with bug fixes!), you will get a notification to upgrade that app from the Upgrade section of Settings > Modules.

If your bug fix was merged but the version number was not changed, you can force an update for your module by manually updating your Bazaar branch and then navigating to Settings > Installed Modules and clicking update in the form view for the app you want to update.

Are you saying that once the bug report says "merged" then I will get a notice in OpenERP that a module can be updated?

Gilles Lehoux
on 3/7/13, 12:34 PM

I have updated my answer with some new information. Does it help you?

Max
on 3/8/13, 5:10 AM

Good to know, this probably also means that when using a working copy from Bazaar that you shouldn't update using the Upgrade section of Modules?

Bob Muller
on 4/26/13, 1:01 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 3/7/13, 9:36 AM
Seen: 756 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM