Odoo is the world's easiest all-in-one management software. It includes hundreds of business apps:
CRM | e-Commerce | Accounting | Inventory | PoS | Project management | MRP | etc.
Anyone knows how to take back of database by terminal. I need to take database backup of my server, by terminal.Is there is any commands that is used for take backup from server. I searched lot, and i tried those what i got , but its not succeed.Could you please help me to do this?
A. To backup your database
1. switch to postgres user
sudo su - postgres
2. backup with the ff command;
pg_dump db_name > db_backup.sql
[note db_name is the name of the database you want to backup; db_backup.sqlis the name you want to give your backup. Whatever name you want to give to your backup, end it with the .sql extension]
3. To get the location of your backup, run this command from the terminal
find / -name db_backup.sql
1. If your database is on a remote computer, connect to it using WinSCP; supply your username and password
2. browse to the directory where your backup is saved as gotten in step 3 of A above
3. you can then copy the sql file to your desired location or download to a location on your local computer in case it is on a remote computer.
I hope this helps a lot.
About This Community
This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.Register
Odoo Training Center
Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.Test it now
|Asked: 5/3/16, 1:28 AM|
|Seen: 912 times|
|Last updated: 7/7/16, 6:22 AM|