2 Replies

Emails are automatically being sent in Odoo in many cases:

• Helpdesk Tickets are created

• Opportunities are created

• Opportunities change Stage

• Opportunities are Won

• Invoices are created

• Invoices are confirmed

In some cases (Opportunities) I don't want these emails sent because I am importing Leads overnight (sometimes hundreds a day).

In other cases (Invoices) I don't need an email twice - once when the Invoice is created, and another when the Invoice is confirmed.

How can I disable these?

Discard
Best Answer

In Developer Mode, visit Technical --> Settings --> Email --> Subtypes.  Here you will see a list of all the possible document "events" that users can subscribe to, including the ones that are subscribed to by default. Simply unmark the ones set to default that you don't want to be sent by default:

To selectively opt ALL FOLLOWERS on certain Documents back in to the default behavior, manually subscribe those documents to the same "events" to get the emails again.  Do this from each Document by clicking the BELL icon:

To selectively opt SOME FOLLOWERS on certain Documents back in to the default behavior, manually subscribe those followers to the same "events" to get the emails again.  Do this from each Follower on each Document by clicking the PENCIL icon:

Discard

Thanks Ray, is there any documentation on how to create new subtypes? I would like to get a notification when an MO changes state for example ...

Creating new subtypes is only possible with development. Review https://www.odoo.com/documentation/16.0/developer/reference/backend/mixins.html#track_subtype and have your developer also review the source code, specifically the project module where Users can be notified when the stage of a Project Task changes.

Best Answer

I unchecked the 'Invoice Created' for the model crm.team. However, the person who created the invoice is always added as follower and receives the e-mail when the invoice is created. How can I prevent that the mail is sent when the invoice is created?

Discard