This question has been flagged
1 Reply

We have to purchase some products in bundles of - let's say - 10 units. Of course, we can sell one single product of such a box to a customer.

That means, 1 box means 10 units for us, but only one unit for our supplier. If I use a pricelist based on the price entered in product form, I can enter 10 units and the price of a single unit. The total price is calculated correctly. So far, so good. My problem is now, that the quantity shown on the purchase order is 10, but from supplier's sight, this is wrong, as for him, 10 units are just one. How can I tell the system that I can only order bundles of 10 single units, but in suppliers point of view, these 10 units are only 1?

Of course, I can enter total price as one unit in product form, but when generating incoming products, I will get into trouble, as the system thinks only one unit was purchased. What I need to do is to define lots for purchase order, but I do not know how to... Can anybody help?

Discard
Best Answer

Use a Purchase Unit of Measure different from your base Unit of Measure - this is set on the Procurements tab of the Product record.

If not already checked, make sure Manage different units of measure for products is checked under Settings --> Configuration --> Purchases menu.

Discard