Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How can I specify unique serial numbers for the same product during incoming shipment registration in v8

By
Janno Liivak
on 6/25/14, 6:08 AM 1,024 views

I have incoming shipment of 6 iPads. Purchase order has one line with a quantity of 6. I have Lot/serial number functionality activated in settings. Now I would like to specify for every iPad it's own unique serial number but I only get to specify one during shipment registration process. Is there a way in v8 to specify unique serial number for every iPad I received? Such a possibility exists in v7.

Els Van Vossel (evv)

--Els Van Vossel (evv)--
| 6 3 7
Belgium
--Els Van Vossel (evv)--

Author of some OpenERP / Odoo books

Els Van Vossel (evv)
On 6/25/14, 7:44 AM

What you do: in the barcode interface to receive your incoming shipments, put the quantity to 1, click Create lot (at the right side of the line) and enter the lot number. Now process that 1 piece. Then do the same for the remaining quantities: always select 1 piece, create lot and process that 1 piece. That way, you will have a lot number for each unit.

Janno Liivak
On 7/2/14, 11:34 AM

Tried that. But after processing 1 item it doesn't let me specify new Serial/Lot ... The "Create Lot" action has dissapeared for that line.

EDIT: Els was right .... when I upgraded the odoo-trunk installation ... barcode could be specified for every single qty I processed. Tried to mark Els comment as answere but smth went wrong and now it seems like I was answering myself :P Anyway ... Els, thanks!

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 6/25/14, 6:08 AM
Seen: 1024 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM