Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How can I show inventory for a certain stock location in the customer portal?

By
Michael Thomas
on 12/2/14, 11:09 AM 745 views

I have a customer who needs to be able to see inventory from on of our warehouses in their customer portal. However, I don't want to give them access to other company information, like sales orders for those products. I would prefer they have a button on the left side that takes them to a view of the inventory, rather than having a "Warehouse" tab. That said, having them go to another tab is fine, as long as they can't see any of our other confidential information. I just want a view with product numbers and quantities. What would be the preferred method for accomplishing this in OpenERP v7?

I appreciate some might see this as too broad of a question. If someone has a suggestion on where I can look, that would be very helpful as well.

Michael Thomas
on 12/2/14, 12:48 PM
Michael Thomas
On 12/9/14, 2:59 PM

In order to provide access to my inventory, I created a view of the product.product model copied from the warehouse view. I then added a subitem to the Portal menu called Inventory. I created a subitem of that called current inventory and had that trigger a window action on the product.product model that called a tree view. Lastly, I provided access rights to the product.product, product.template, uom, stock and other models (OpenERP throws up a warning when loading the view if the user doesn't have access rights). 

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 12/2/14, 11:09 AM
Seen: 745 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM