Odoo Help

How can i set a default value When creating a new field.?,

By
kampeons
on 6/30/16, 11:46 PM 2,535 views

Add the Ship field as a drop down list field of the Ship object to the order lines next to quantity. and Create a button under ship field 'Update to Order Lines', update the same Ship information to the order lines. When creating a new order line, in the Ship field in order line by default show the Ship information of the SO..!!?

<xpath 
expr="//field[@name='order_line']" position="attributes">

<attribute name="context">{'default_shipimo':ship}    </attribute>

</xpath>

i need the Python code too..

kampeons
on 7/1/16, 2:00 AM

kampeons
on 1/21/17, 2:30 AM
Axel Mendoza
On 7/1/16, 1:13 AM

There are mostly 2 ways of setting a default value for the fields in Odoo(there are more, but this are the most used ones).

1- Setting the default value in the Python model that contains the field

#old api
    _defaults = {
        'ship': 'ship_value1',
    }

#new api

ship = fields.Selection([('ship_value1', 'Value1'),('ship_value2', 'Value2')], default='ship_value1')

2- Setting the value in xml view field or action of the form that contains the field, using context ('default_ship') like:

#the content of the field lines is not necessary, i put it for the sake of the example

<field name='lines' context="{'default_ship': 'ship_value1'}">
    <form string="Line">
        <field name="ship"/>
    </form>
    <tree>
        <field name="ship"/>
    </tree>
</field>

kirubanidhi
On 7/4/16, 2:48 AM

In odoo 9 we use 

ship = fields.Selection([('ship_value1', 'Value1'),('ship_value2', 'Value2')], default=lambda self: self._context.get('ship', 'ship_value1'))

In module file

<<field name>>= fields.<<datatype>>(default=<<value>>)

in views.xml

<field name="start_date"/>

About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register

Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 6/30/16, 11:46 PM
Seen: 2535 times
Last updated: 1/20/17, 8:09 AM