Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How can I send an email and then log it in Oerp?

By
dfor mer
on 9/18/13, 7:27 AM 1,182 views

Part of my lead, opportunity, customer workflow is sending emails when a RfI (request for info) comes in. This RfI will normally come from a call which is logged fine but I can't figure out how to handle the RfI through email. This is absolutely essential to be able to log and keep track of. Maybe a follow up email as well.

Also, it would be nice to have docs sent in the email logged through the knowledge managment as well???

Daniel Reis

--Daniel Reis--
| 6 7 9
Lisbon, Portugal
--Daniel Reis--

Author of the "Odoo Development Essentials" book.

Applications Manager at Securitas Portugal

Github: https://github.com/dreispt

Twitter; @reis_pt

Daniel Reis
On 9/19/13, 11:27 AM

The simplest way is the "send a message" to the customer through the Opportunity's message wall. If you use the "full mail composer" (icon at the top-right) you can compose the message in rich text. Attachments are also possible and will be stored in OpenERP's database.

It's also possible to have that for mails sent from your e-mail client, but It gets more complicated if you're self-hosted.

The next simplest thing is to setup the "Create leads from incoming mails" configuration, and send your RFI response with cc to the leads e-mail address. This has the disadvantage if creating a new lead instead of appending the message to an existing on.

The ideal solution it to setup email alias, that makes OpenERP capable of appending to a document's history messages exchanged through pure e-mail. I would suggest you to try that out on a OpenERP SaaS Trial account.

That´s the simple way. However, I still feel the need to have the same way to log emails as we do calls and have a record of them. If we are using an external email app i.e. outlook or such, then those emails can't be recorded or logged. Thanks for the answer

dfor mer
on 9/19/13, 12:48 PM

Just expanded the answer with some other options.

Daniel Reis
on 9/20/13, 5:49 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 9/18/13, 7:27 AM
Seen: 1182 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM