Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How can I restrict the list of contacts or customers of a commercial?

on 10/11/13, 12:51 PM 1,035 views

Hello, I would limit the list of contacts and customers that they are assigned to a specific commercial. When a commercial login into openerp and he goes to customer list, I would like that they appear only his assigned customers, not all customers that there are in the application. Is it possible?

Thank you in advance

| 4 5 8
Tétouan, Morocco

For more informations about IBS, please visit our website at www.ibs-na.com.

For a specific questions, collaboration or help, please send us an email to support@ibs-na.com

On 10/12/13, 8:03 AM

From OpenERP UI:

• Go to Configuration > Technical > Actions > Window Actions
  • Search for Clients
  • Open the first result with the name Clients and with no domain value
  • in Domain Value put: [('user_id','=',uid)]

Custom module:

• Use the following XML:

<record id="base.action_partner_form" model="ir.actions.ac_window">
        <field name="domain">[('user_id','=',uid)]</field>

Note: You can apply the same thing on the Suppliers list

Note 2: This isn't bullet proof, users can have access to some customers from other means.

Note 3: This applies to all users, so if you have a type of user whom you want to be able to see all customers, then you will have to do something else.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Asked: 10/11/13, 12:51 PM
Seen: 1035 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM