Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

how can I resolve dependency for Module called unidecode?

on 5/23/14, 12:04 PM 12,621 views

I try to install product_custom_attributes on an onsite v7 installation. I Have downloaded the zip file, unpacked and moved it to /opt/openerp/v7/addons. But trying to install it by clicking "install" gives me an error

Unable to install module "base_custom_attributes" because an external dependency is not met: No module named unidecode

that's pretty clear basically but I couldn't find any Module called "unidecode" so I am a little stuck. While looking around I found this https://github.com/buke/openerp-product-x-attributes but I am not really sure how this is related

seems that the error message you get in OpenERP "no module named unidecode" is a little misleading. This is not a Module in OpenERP but a python package called unidecode

on 5/28/14, 9:17 AM

| 2 1 4
Buenos Aires, Argentina

Python developer, big fan of sailing

On 5/23/14, 6:57 PM

You need to install the unidecode Python package from PIP. 

The way to do that is in the terminal do:

# sudo pip install unidecode

Hope this helps

to install pip on debian/ubuntu you do apt-get install pyhton-pip

on 5/28/14, 8:44 AM

yes, thanks that worked

on 5/28/14, 9:16 AM

Thanks @ Gustavo this fully work

Ankit H Gandhi(AHG)
on 7/16/15, 7:31 AM
Jean Marc Le Goff
On 12/10/15, 8:54 AM

with ubuntu

sudo apt-get install python-unicodecsv

and restart the server

On 9/29/14, 10:16 AM

If you're using the one-click full install of OpenERP you will see that with "pip install unidecode" won't work. That's because the one-click install comes with its own python packages.

So you need to download the zipped file from: https://pypi.python.org/pypi/Unidecode

Then you need to unzip it and copy the "unicode" folder and paste it into the /Server/server/ folder. In my case OpenERP v7 is installed in, c:\Program Files (x86)\OpenERP 7.0-20130412-232402\Server\server

Restart the server and that's it :)

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Asked: 5/23/14, 12:04 PM
Seen: 12621 times
Last updated: 12/10/15, 8:54 AM