Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How can I relate product to another using many2many both ways?

on 9/30/14, 10:25 AM 611 views

I'm developing a module that should add a field Related Products. I added a many2many field

class product_template(osv.Model):
    _name = 'product.template'
    _inherit = 'product.template'
    _columns = {
        'related_products': fields.many2many('product.template', 'rel_related_product', 'product_id', string="Related Products"),

The problem is that I can relate the product only one way. I.e. if I relate ProductB to ProductA, I can only see the relationship inside ProductA and not the otherway around

How can I solve that?

AFAIK you've to add relation fields in both classes, further check if you've to use the same helper table or different ones in both modules ( 'rel_related_product' ?) and you're missing 'other.object.id' in a definition. please refer to documentation.

on 9/30/14, 10:37 AM

| 5 4 7
Bangalore, India

Techno-Functional Associate with 6+ years of experience in Odoo (formerly known as OpenERP).

On 10/1/14, 1:37 AM

You cant relate it like that .... In Product A, you have related Product B, and reverse wont apply for Product B...

Alternate option, along with M2M column, try having a functional field of type M2M, in that function fetch to & fro records pertaining to that product A...

And in your syntax, target object id is missing too...

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Asked: 9/30/14, 10:25 AM
Seen: 611 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM