Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How can I record my initial inventory?

By
Els Van Vossel (evv)
on 6/24/14, 9:27 AM 1,655 views

I want to start using Odoo for my warehouse management, but I have to enter my actual stock quantities. How can I make this work?

This question has been included in the official documentation.

Els Van Vossel (evv)

--Els Van Vossel (evv)--
| 6 3 7
Belgium
--Els Van Vossel (evv)--

Author of some OpenERP / Odoo books

Els Van Vossel (evv)
On 6/24/14, 9:31 AM

Create all the products for which you want to keep the stock (as stockable products). Once the required products in stock have been defined, use an initial inventory operation to put the current quantities into the system by location. Go to the menu Warehouse > Inventory Control > Inventory Adjustments to enter your initial inventory.

Give it a name (for example Initial Inventory) and select the stock location for your inventory. Note that when you select a parent location (such as Stock, which might be split into sublocations), you can also select the sub (or child) locations. You can choose between making an initial inventory for All products in that location, or for one product only. In this case, we choose the All products option. If you need your stock valuation to be done in a different period than the one that will be selected by default according to the inventory end date, enter the corresponding accounting period in the Force Valuation Period field.

In case of the initial inventory that is drawn up when you start in Odoo, no stock is available yet. Click the Start Inventory button and add each product by clicking the Add an item link. Select the corresponding stock location if it differs from the default one. Add the Real Quantity that you have in your stock for each product.

Click the Validate Inventory button to confirm the initial inventory and post it.

On the Inventory Adjustments tab, notice that the Source Location is automatically set to the virtual Inventory Loss location. Odoo always needs a source location and a destination location. 

On a product level, notice that both your On Hand and your Forecasted inventory are now set to the corresponding quantities from the Initial inventory.

The corresponding stock moves are generated as follows on validation of the initial inventory.

If you have the Technical Features enabled for your user, you can also see the Quants that have been created by the initial inventory.

Johan
On 7/21/14, 6:35 AM

Can you elaborate in more detail how to import prepare and import csv file for initial stock?

I mean such as which field I have to select when import and export csv? which field contain the actual qty, product refrence, etc, etc.

Thank you in advance

JOHAN

mmycool
On 6/24/14, 5:02 PM

Can this be done via a csv file? Looking at a case where we have like 2000 items in stock.

Hi, I also need to import initial stock qty about 3000 items. Have you found the solution to import them from cvs file? Please share

Johan
on 10/2/14, 10:39 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

3 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 6/24/14, 9:27 AM
Seen: 1655 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM