Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How can I prevent two given addons from being installed at the same time?

By
Alexandre Fayolle - Camptocamp
on 2/5/13, 9:28 AM 616 views

As a developper, I sometimes have the need to define two different addons which cannot be installed at the same time on a given instance. The __openerp__.py file has the depends declaration, but there is no conflicts declaration as far as I can tell.

How is such a case usually handled?

Guewen Baconnier - Software Developer, Camptocamp

--Guewen Baconnier - Software Developer, Camptocamp--
| 6 7 8
Lausanne, Switzerland
--Guewen Baconnier - Software Developer, Camptocamp--

Guewen works at Camptocamp as an Odoo developer since 2010. He is the lead developer of the Odoo Connector framework and the Magento Connector. He is a delegate member of the OCA, a committer and an active contributor to the OCA projects.

Guewen Baconnier - Software Developer, Camptocamp
On 2/5/13, 10:15 AM

As far as I know, there is no mean to prevent an addon to be installed if it conflicts with another.

I can't find the discussion but if I remember, OpenERP SA considers that all the modules should be compatible between them.

I think that's not realistic, we'll always have edge cases where an addon will be conflicting with another.

The least we can do is to indicate the conflict in the addon's manifest (__openerp__.py) for informational purposes. The better would have OpenERP to be able to handle a conflicts declaration in the manifest as you said.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 2/5/13, 9:28 AM
Seen: 616 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM