Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

how can I permit a user to comment on a record without giving the rights to modify the record?

By
Alexandre Fayolle - Camptocamp
on 3/28/13, 9:39 AM 1,405 views

It seems to me that to be able to comment on a record in OpenERP v7, you need write access on the model of the record.

For a module I'm working on, I'd like to automatically create a mail.message on behalf of the user, when said user performs some given action. For convenience, that message should be posted on another record, on which only the user's manager should have write access. When I try to do this, I get an Access Denied error.

Is there a clean solution to this issue?

Portal User Have no rights of modify record ......... then also Portal User can comment [see in image]

image description

Parth Gajjar
on 3/29/13, 6:42 AM

I've had all sorts of problems with Portal Users in a multi company setup...

Camptocamp France SAS, Alexandre Fayolle - Camptocamp
on 4/2/13, 5:26 AM

If the message is an automatic notification, can't you post with superid, and specify the author_id in kwargs of message_post (if you're using it) ?

I converted your comment to an answer as it seems a promising way of solving my issue. I'll test and accept it if it works or report back if it does not.

Camptocamp France SAS, Alexandre Fayolle - Camptocamp
on 4/2/13, 5:26 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 3/28/13, 9:39 AM
Seen: 1405 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM