Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How can i mass import products with attributes values from a CSV file on v8?

By
Nicolás Visús
on 8/19/14, 4:58 PM 2,701 views

I want to do a mass import product with diferents attributes values using a CSV file.

My products are textil products and its have many sizes and colors (like S or M size, black or white color).

I created "Atribute" for "Size" and "Color" and then created "attibutes values" for each one of them.

When i have to make the mass import i have this problem: i can import the diferents attributes values but the sistem doesn't create the diferent variants of the product.

For example:

-create or import a product template

-then, import the diferents attributes for that template whit a CSV file like "size" - "S", "Size"  -"L", "Color" - "White", etc.

-then the system is supposed to combine the diferents attributes to auto-create the product variants but it doesn't happen.

How are we supposed to do?

If i create manually a product template with the differents attributes values the system create the diferents product variants correctly. If i export that values, change the attributes values and then import that changes with a CSV file, the system create the diferents products variants correctly.

I'm using 8.0v of Odoo from GitHub.

William Beverly
On 2/4/15, 4:55 PM

I'd like clarifications on this topic as well as it's very confusing between templates, attributes, variants, Product Attribute ID, Attribute Value, etc... In the meantime, this is an interesting read

https://github.com/odoo/odoo/issues/4130

af
On 2/6/15, 7:05 AM

In that thread I answerd my question regarding exactly the same problem. Should you need further clarification don't hesitate to ask. 

https://www.odoo.com/forum/help-1/question/how-to-create-product-variants-via-csv-import-in-odoo8-65614

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 8/19/14, 4:58 PM
Seen: 2701 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM