Odoo Help

How can i mass import products with attributes values from a CSV file on v8?

Nicolás Visús
on 8/19/14, 4:58 PM 4,557 views

I want to do a mass import product with diferents attributes values using a CSV file.

My products are textil products and its have many sizes and colors (like S or M size, black or white color).

I created "Atribute" for "Size" and "Color" and then created "attibutes values" for each one of them.

When i have to make the mass import i have this problem: i can import the diferents attributes values but the sistem doesn't create the diferent variants of the product.

For example:

-create or import a product template

-then, import the diferents attributes for that template whit a CSV file like "size" - "S", "Size"  -"L", "Color" - "White", etc.

-then the system is supposed to combine the diferents attributes to auto-create the product variants but it doesn't happen.

How are we supposed to do?

If i create manually a product template with the differents attributes values the system create the diferents product variants correctly. If i export that values, change the attributes values and then import that changes with a CSV file, the system create the diferents products variants correctly.

I'm using 8.0v of Odoo from GitHub.

William Beverly
On 2/4/15, 4:55 PM

I'd like clarifications on this topic as well as it's very confusing between templates, attributes, variants, Product Attribute ID, Attribute Value, etc... In the meantime, this is an interesting read

On 2/6/15, 7:05 AM

In that thread I answerd my question regarding exactly the same problem. Should you need further clarification don't hesitate to ask. 

About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Asked: 8/19/14, 4:58 PM
Seen: 4557 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM