Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How can i make my odoo-8 code to uptodate?

By
samba
on 1/30/15, 2:20 AM 363 views

I have installed odoo-8 one month ago. I want to keep odoo-8 with new code from github or any other sources. How can i do this?. Does it works fine simply download the code and replace /opt/odoo/ with new odoo folder?. I can add my custom modules on top of that.

Baiju

--Baiju--
| 5 4 8
Kochi, India
--Baiju--
ODOO technical and functional

I like learning new thing, especially technical thing. I am a quick learner, I can learn technical things very fast. I have good logical skill,  I have immense interest in programming.

e-mail id : baijuks@hotmail.com

Baiju
On 1/30/15, 4:39 AM

HI Samba,

You can keep both old and new ODOO, and you can select which one you have to start. You can do this in following way:-

NB. its not recomended ,, if you need to know the diffrerence in both(new and old) then only you have to do this. Otherwise you have to delete old folder and copy the new folder.[if you have to switch between old and new, every time you have to upgrade your modules. since you are using same DB in both(or you have to use seperate DB in Both)]

1. Download latest version of ODOO and rename the folder to odoo_latest

2. Copy that to /opt

3. Open terminal :-

a) and for running old odoo you have to enter this;-

cd /opt/odoo

python odoo.py

b) and for running new odoo you have to enter this:-

cd /opt/odoo_latest

python odoo.py

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 1/30/15, 2:20 AM
Seen: 363 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM