This question has been flagged
2 Replies

Too often there is a need to locate the SOs/POs containing some specific product in order to modify it. When there is a load of entries in SOs for example, users have to open through them and check if the wanted product is in inside, very time-consuming right?

To what I have tried out, the Advanced Search doesn't support the search with the product keywords(code, desc.). What is the best way to do it then?

Discard
Best Answer

You can view all the sales orders (SO)for a product. In the product view click the 'More' button next to 'Print' and you will see 'Sales Order Lines'... clicking this option gives you a list of sales orders containing the product.

Discard
Author

Thanks a lot John. To be fair this is a more straight way, without activating 'to invoice based on the order lines'. Further to it, I just found nearly all I need from 'More' button. What an oversight!

Best Answer

A bit tricky, but you can do this:

• Allow invoicing per sale order line through the menu Settings / Sales
  • Go to the menu Sales > Invoicing > Order Lines to Invoice
  • Uncheck the default filter 'Uninvoiced'

From this menu, you can search on customers, products, SO number, ...

Discard
Author

Many thanks for the trick. It works!

But to invoice based on the sales order lines can affect system-wide, this trick shall be used only in need of the aforementioned search. Once the search is done, the option shall be unchecked, right?

Mario