Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How can I limit the Manufacturing Orders to 1 unit of a product.

By
Michael Thomas
on 12/4/14, 12:58 PM 464 views

I am using OpenERP 7 at a company where I need to have a manufacturing order for each unit that is created. When I have OpenERP create manufacturing orders from my sales orders, is there a way to have it take sales order lines that have a quantity of 3, 5, etc., and create an order for each?

Ivan

--Ivan--
| 5 3 6
Jakarta, Indonesia
--Ivan--
Ivan
On 12/4/14, 8:31 PM

Maybe this: https://www.odoo.com/apps/6.0/mrp_mo_split/ can help or at lest be seom inspiration on how to do it if you want to develop it yourself.

Matt Taylor
On 12/4/14, 3:33 PM

I don't believe there is currently a way to do this, although your use case is slightly different from mine.  I expect, when you say that you create the MO from the Sales Order, that you are in a MTO operation.  We are in a Make to Stock operation, so we use Run Schedulers to geterate MOs, based on demand defined in the sales orders.

I will probably be making a module that fixes my issue.  We will add a field for Max Order Qty to the Reorder Rule, so I don't think it will work with MTO.  And, we are on version 8, which is significantly different from v7.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 12/4/14, 12:58 PM
Seen: 464 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM