Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How can I know the value of a menuitem id?

By
José
on 2/20/15, 6:32 AM 598 views

Hello, I have Odoo 8.

I am developing a report and I want to put it in a specific menu. So I have to know the id of that menuitem, and then set the "parent" of the menuitem what I am creating. How can I know the menuitem id of a specific menu item?

Thanks!

Mai Ecarde
On 2/20/15, 6:41 AM

Did you just want to hard code it?

If so the menu id should show in the extended address when you navigate to it. Look for "&menu_id="

I see a number in &menu_id, how can I traduce this number to a valid string id? And I want to know the id of a parent menu, which I can't click (For example: Purchase->Configuration)

José
on 2/20/15, 7:07 AM

You could probably temporarily modify the ir.ui.menu tree view to include ID and parent id? This should allow you to get the id from menu items in settings. As for the string id not sure what you are asking - are you talking about the full path / complete name?

Mai Ecarde
on 2/20/15, 7:29 AM

I am asking for the complete name, for example: id="menu_fleet_reporting"

José
on 2/20/15, 8:16 AM

Ok then. Well for complete name it has the label of full path in the model. This is visible on the menu item configuration form.

Mai Ecarde
on 2/20/15, 9:52 AM

Not sure if you will need to replace "\" and spaces with underscores?

Mai Ecarde
on 2/20/15, 9:53 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 2/20/15, 6:32 AM
Seen: 598 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM