Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How can I invoice 100% of software and %50 of services at the start of a project?

By
Ken Woychesko
on 9/7/16, 12:55 PM 311 views

Our policy when a customer places an order with us is that 100% of the software and 50% of the estimated services are due at the start of the project. How do I setup my products for this and invoice them?

Currently:

• Software Invoicing Policy: Ordered Quantities

• Services Invoicing Policy: Delivered Quantities (with Track Service as Create a Task and Track Hours) so the developer can register timesheets against the pre-paid hours, eventually surpassing the pre-paid hours whereupon another invoice should be sent to the customer).

Thank you

Thank you for your suggestion, but I don't see an answer in that thread? As stated above, my Sales Order will have Software that is invoiced on Ordered Quantities, and Services that are invoiced on Delivered Quantities. I have tried using the modal window you mention, but it does not contain an option I need. The "Invoiceable Lines" correctly adds the software to the invoice, but how would I add 50% of the services to the same invoice?

Ken Woychesko
on 9/8/16, 9:58 AM

Ray Carnes

--Ray Carnes--
| 9 7 9
Greater Los Angeles, United States
--Ray Carnes--

Senior Odoo Analyst

OpenERP 6.1, 7.0 and Odoo 8.0, 9.0 (Since 2012)

Completed Functional and Technical Training.

Major Skills:

• Needs Discovery and Requirements Analysis;

• Function and Technical Specifications;

• Project Planning;

• Prototyping and Proof of concepts;

• Data migration;

• Configuration & Customization (UI and modules);

• Integration - data, business logic and service levels;

• Training and Knowledge transfer;

• Go Live support;

• Help desk;

• Version Migration.

I have over 20 years of experience empowering and enabling users with enterprise information systems that make a real and measurable difference in their ability to proactively manage their businesses and organizations. 

Ray Carnes
On 9/17/16, 1:00 PM

I don't see a way to have both 'based on delivered quantities' and 'prepay' (this is a contradiction for Odoo).

The closest I can get to this is defining the SERVICES product as 'based on delivered quantities' and 'Manually set quantities on Sales Order'.

You can then manually set half of your services as 'delivered' to have that line turn blue and be invoicable.

Something you could also do is have a 'Services - prepaid hours' product that can be invoiced 'based on ordered quantities'.  This may present to the user better, since the above order shows something 'delivered' that hasn't been yet.

Thank you Ray -- these are both great suggestions (as always). I particularly like the second option of a "Services - Prepaid Hours" product -- it's exactly what I was trying to do with the manual use of the "Down Payment" product in this thread: https://www.odoo.com/forum/help-1/question/manual-use-of-the-down-payment-product-doesn-t-carry-forward-to-subsequent-customer-invoices-108018 Thanks a bunch!

Ken Woychesko
on 9/17/16, 1:07 PM

Ermin Trevisan

--Ermin Trevisan--
| 6 3 7
Walchwil, Switzerland
--Ermin Trevisan--

Ermin Trevisan
On 9/7/16, 2:31 PM

You may want to check this thread in the community mailing list, it should guide you to the solution:

https://www.odoo.com/groups/community-59/community-20076032?mode=thread&date_begin=&date_end=        

You should especially take a look at the options available in the modal window, when you create an invoice. I'm working with Version 9.0c-20160805

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 9/7/16, 12:55 PM
Seen: 311 times
Last updated: 9/17/16, 1:00 PM