Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How can I incorporate Vendor/Supplier rebates in OpenERP?

By
Jagbir
on 3/11/13, 9:31 AM 1,427 views

I want to incorporate the 'Vendor/Supplier Rebates' process in OpenERP but have not seen anything that comes out of the box for handling this. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Further Clarification: Vendor/Supplier rebates are used when a supplier offers a renegotiated price on products to the customer (or retailer) which increases the margins of the retailer and encourages them to pass on these rebates to the end customer. For eg. Retailer (ACME Corp.) bought 100 laptops for $ 600 each from Supplier (Bell Corp.). Now, 3 weeks after these laptops were delivered to ACME Corp. the supplier revised the prices of these specific laptops to $540. This rebate of 10% is now available to ACME corp. to pass on to the end customer. Rebates offered are of various kinds (the above is just one example) and a practice that is very prevalent in the retail industry.

Emad Jaddou
On 3/5/15, 5:37 AM

I am looking for the same. We sell to our customers and accrue rebates during the year based on a slab target. 

Is there any module that can do that in Oddo?

before applying the rebate, do you show gross loss in sales costing sheet?

Hesham ELMAHDY
on 3/12/15, 8:10 PM

We have not done any thing yet on this. Currently we do a manual calculation for the actual sales value done in a certain period, and based on that the equivalent credit/debit note is passed in the system. Of course this is not ideal as it leaves a room for error or even missing out on a particular partner.

Emad Jaddou
on 3/13/15, 2:46 AM

gunnar

--gunnar--
| 6 7 8
Germany
--gunnar--

born

gunnar
On 3/5/15, 6:25 PM

without being able to exactly provide a solution for your case I think you might want to look at how to use pricelists

>Sales >Pricelists

>Purchase >Pricelists

https://doc.odoo.com/book/6/6_16_Sales/6_16_Sales_pricing/ accounting wise: If you have entered a Supplier Invoice & payment already I think you need to issue a credit note to ACME from your supplier, so the credit can be entered into your accounting

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 3/11/13, 9:31 AM
Seen: 1427 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM