Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How can I import Products with Internal Categories and Website Categories without Errors (Odoo can't find the category)?

By
Francisco Ramirez
on 8/26/16, 10:27 AM 484 views

Hello guys, I'm trying to import a lot of products I set all my categories for INTERNAL (inventory), and Web (sales > web category's) 

When I try to import what is the field than I need for archive that in the correct category.

1.- When i try for example: All / Saleable / Computers / Accessories

it say no matching recording. when i click on get all possible values: It show only the last 80 categories. (Yes i have a lot like 500+

2. I tried using internal category/ database and external id. Using the ID

export__.product_category_9301 blablabla. And nothing. Same is happening with the website public categories..

So what do you think? What is the best form for import all products in the correct category?.

Thanks in advance.

BTW I'm using Odoo 9 Enterprise on my own server.

Ray Carnes

--Ray Carnes--
| 9 7 9
Greater Los Angeles, United States
--Ray Carnes--

Senior Odoo Analyst

OpenERP 6.1, 7.0 and Odoo 8.0, 9.0 (Since 2012)

Completed Functional and Technical Training.

Major Skills:

• Needs Discovery and Requirements Analysis;

• Function and Technical Specifications;

• Project Planning;

• Prototyping and Proof of concepts;

• Data migration;

• Configuration & Customization (UI and modules);

• Integration - data, business logic and service levels;

• Training and Knowledge transfer;

• Go Live support;

• Help desk;

• Version Migration.

I have over 20 years of experience empowering and enabling users with enterprise information systems that make a real and measurable difference in their ability to proactively manage their businesses and organizations. 

Ray Carnes
On 8/26/16, 2:54 PM

Setup a database with demo data (check 'evaluate Odoo' when you are creating the database).

1. When you export Product Categories (choose just the name field), this is what you get:

"id","name"
"product.product_category_all","All"
"hr_expense.cat_expense","Expenses"
"product.product_category_2","Internal"
"product.product_category_1","Saleable"
"product.product_category_5","Physical"
"product.product_category_3","Services"
"product.product_category_4","Software"
"sale_ebay.product_category_ebay","eBay Delivery Services"

2. When you export Website Product Categories (choose just the name field), this is what you get:

"id","name"
"product.laptops","Laptops"
"product.sub_computers","Computers"
"product.Computer_all_in_one","Computer all-in-one"
"product.server","Server"
"product.devices","Devices"
"product.External_Hard_Drive","External Hard Drive"
"product.Headset","Headset"
"product.Keyboard_Mouse","Keyboard / Mouse"
"product.Pen_Drive","Pen Drive"
"product.printer","Printer"
"product.Screen","Screen"
"product.Software","Software"
"product.Speakers","Speakers"
"product.network","Network"
"product.Components","Components"
"product.services","Services"

3. When you export the product "Blank CD" (chose just name, internal category and web category), this is what you get:

"id","name","categ_id/id","public_categ_ids/id"
"product.product_product_35_product_template","Blank CD","product.product_category_5","product.Components"

4. Create your import file in the format matching what was exported. For example, this file will import into a database with demo data (demo categories and web categories):

"id","name","categ_id/id","public_categ_ids/id"
"link_to_external_system.123","Test Screen","product.product_category_1","product.Screen"
"link_to_external_system.456","Test Speakers","product.product_category_2","product.Speakers"
"link_to_external_system.789","Test Software","product.product_category_4","product.Software"

Finally, you can usually swap the External ID of a field for the Name. You have to remove the /id after the field name for each field you do this for, like this:

"id","name","categ_id","public_categ_ids"
"link_to_external_system.123","Test Screen","Saleable","Screen"
"link_to_external_system.456","Test Speakers","Internal","Speakers"
"link_to_external_system.789","Test Software","Software","Software"

Note: the name of a Category is not "All/ Saleable" or "Services / Pen Drive" - it is exactly what was exported - the category without the parents.

Yeah i saw that thanks, but in my case sometimes did not work..

Finally got something. If I use for example.

Internal Category: All / Saleable / Videovigilancia / Accesorios Generales / Aisladores de tierra ----- I dont get any problems why? IDK yesterday I got errors.... -.-'.

The problem is now at Website Product Category.If I use the name for example. Aisladores de Tierra (is located on Videovigilancia / Accesorios / Aisladores de Tierra) Odoo take the category correctly. .

But As I say.. I have this problem. Discos Duros are located on:

1.- Videovigilancia / Accesorios / Discos Duros = _export__.product_public_category_2259

2.- Computadoras / Accesorios / Discos Duros = export__.product_public_category_3301

and i have some specific categorys for others like that... how can i say to odoo USE one of they?

just have 3 options: Website Product Category, Website Product Category / Database ID, Website Product Category / External ID .

I already tried with the ID but nothing.

PSTI Soluciones S.A de C.V. , Francisco Ramirez
on 8/27/16, 4:31 AM

Perhaps you can share with us the first few lines of your CSV file.

km

Keenmeng Lew
on 8/27/16, 4:57 AM
Keenmeng Lew
On 8/28/16, 11:44 PM

If the name of the internal category is unique, you can use the name e.g., "Aisladores de tierra" and set the column in the Import form to "Internal Category".  If not, you should use the database ID  of the internal category instead.  The database ID for internal categories can be found in the table "product_category" and the set the column on the form to "Internal Category / Database ID".

km  

Francisco Ramirez
On 8/28/16, 4:31 AM

sure I cant paste image xD well..

"internal Category", "Name", "price", "website product category", "vendor"
"All / Saleable / Videovigilancia / Accesorios Generales / Aisladores de tierra", "Blabla", "100", "Aisladores de Tierra", "vendor2"
"All / Saleable / Videovigilancia / Accesorios Generales / Discos Duros", "Blabla", "12121", "Discos Duros", "vendor1"

http://i68.tinypic.com/2mqrrdz.png

The poblem is this..

I want show (discos duros on:

• Videovigilancia / Accesorios Generales / Discos Duros
  • Videovigilancia / NVR / Almacenamiento / Visualización / Discos Duros

• As i say I just want know how exactly works, because i will do a csv with arount 10k of products xD

Thanks in advanced

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 8/26/16, 10:27 AM
    Seen: 484 times
    Last updated: 9/15/16, 8:58 PM