Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How can I import lead/opportunities communication history from 6.1?

By
Luis Leiva
on 2/15/13, 3:43 PM 1,842 views

I have imported users, leads and opportunites succesfully from OE6.1. I haven't been able to import the communications history. When I import the leads a new message is generate for each lead for Document Create, but I would like to have the original creation date and any other notes I may have.

I see this history is mail.messages but in OE6.1 when I go to Settings-Configuration-Email-Messages I see only emails. Instead: in OE7 Setting-Technical-Email-Messages I do see all history messages.

Fabien Pinckaers (fp)

--Fabien Pinckaers (fp)--
| 6 8 8
fsdsdfsdf, Belgium
--Fabien Pinckaers (fp)--

Odoo Founder & CEO

Fabien Pinckaers (fp)
On 3/27/13, 4:06 AM

The easiest way is to use the migration plateform which is available as part of your OpenERP Enterprise contract at not extra cost per migration. We handle all these stuff for you.

Maxime Chambreuil
On 3/26/13, 9:37 PM

Database model has changed, you need to migrate your data to fit the new model.

The migration is part of OpenERP Enterprise: https://www.openerp.com/en/pricing

Upgrade to future versions to benefit from new features

Alan Bell
On 5/8/13, 6:29 PM

you can edit the domain of the settings/technical/messages view to show all messages, not just emails (or create another menu action to open it without the domain) That gets you the export. When importing it is important to set the model field to crm.lead or whatever for the associated model. Importing communication history into 6.1 doesn't let you set the model field on import so they are kind of detached. In 7 you can set the model field.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 2/15/13, 3:43 PM
Seen: 1842 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM