Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How can I hide the Form View Based on User Access

Dasadiya Chaitanya
on 6/25/14, 1:46 AM 1,282 views

I have created one user (student) in school Management System in openerp.

The Admin user is the default user in OpenErp. Admin have  all the access rights to acees the Tree view and Form View while How can I restrict the the student user to view only 
tree view.

My Question is how can i hide the Form View When the student user is logged into the system.I wanted to display  only the the tree view when he or she is logged into the system while admin can display both the view like form and tree.

On 6/25/14, 2:57 AM

In settings->user interface->views and find your form view and add your user group in  groups tab

otherwise add a group tag in your form like <field name="group_ids">[(4, ref('base.group_user'))]</field> it may be usefull to you

When adding the "group_ids" on the form view, I must add it on the model on the python side, isn't ?

Yassine TEIMI
on 4/1/15, 10:49 AM
Dasadiya Chaitanya
On 6/27/14, 7:42 AM

ya its possible but when i logged into admin then form view is enabled and the login with some another user then its disabled. and which kind of access rules i have to write for that.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Asked: 6/25/14, 1:46 AM
Seen: 1282 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM