Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How can I hide SuperAdmin record or make it read only in users?

By
John Baldwin
on 11/4/14, 4:16 PM 1,211 views

I want other to be able to create new users but not be able to edit or delete the superadmin. Any ideas? or is this common and I am missing it?

Greg Moss
On 11/5/14, 5:16 AM

Depending on the security you require you maybe able to use this simple solution... USE AT YOUR OWN CAUTION AND RISK!

1. Make sure you do what you need to do as administrator and setup your own user to easily manage users.
  2. Get into developer mode (under the about Odoo menu).
  3. Go to the user list in Odoo (where you want to hide the administrator account)
  4. Choose action under the developer menu above the form and in the domain field put  [('name','!=','Administrator')]  (naturally if you have a different name you should put it here)

This will hide the administrator in the user name list. When you need to actually get to the user in the list yourself you will need to login as administrator and clear the domain field. 

A few cautions... This is very low security and really just designed to keep it from being seen. There is likely a better option setting up an access rule. I'm providing this solution as it is probably likely that the person you have adding and deleting users and managing them you have some level of relative trust.   It also should be possible to create an alternative domain statement that will show hide the administrator except when the administrator is logged in.

Yes for my situation this is a good solution. Thanks. I'll try it.

John Baldwin
on 11/5/14, 4:57 PM

Worked great for me. Thank you

Kelly Stuart
on 12/1/14, 4:58 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 11/4/14, 4:16 PM
Seen: 1211 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM