Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How can i hide "Search More..." ? [Closed]

By
Dr Obx
on 5/19/15, 10:51 AM 576 views

The Question has been closed for reason: not relevant or out dated

by
Dr Obx
on 06/15/2015 09:45:24

How ?

Is there any chance to do it ?

Curious, why would you want to remove the ability users have to find things if they don't type in a 100% match for auto complete to work? As a trainer, I would be horrified to tell users they don't have a way to find things without stopping what they are doing and going back to another screen.

Bista Solutions US, Ray Carnes
on 5/19/15, 1:16 PM

First of all this option allow you to find element if list is longer than 7 entries. Trust me, where I want remove it this option will not be necessary. It's just one more confusing piece of crap. To be honest searching system in this place work good enough even without this option.

Dr Obx
on 5/19/15, 5:49 PM

You can use the 'limit' option in your field for the no. of items you want to show in your dropdown, give it approximately more than the no of items you are expecting, it should not show 'search more' henceforth.

Pawan
on 5/22/15, 5:25 AM

I think you can add limit to the name_search function ...

Ahmed M.Elmubarak
on 6/15/15, 2:33 AM
IT Libertas
On 5/19/15, 2:54 PM

Try widget="selection" in xml (it would also hide "create and edit").

Widget is not a good solution. If you add widget="selection" in xml you can't type in anything into the field only pick from list. However "search more", "create and edit" options are not available :)

Dr Obx
on 5/20/15, 5:24 AM

I guess, if it is required to hide "search more", there is no need for search by typing :)

IT Libertas
on 5/20/15, 12:45 PM

... good point ;)

Dr Obx
on 6/15/15, 6:07 AM

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 5/19/15, 10:51 AM
Seen: 576 times
Last updated: 6/15/15, 9:45 AM