Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

how can I have custom requests on make to order products?

Alan Bell
on 7/22/14, 7:18 AM 546 views

I want to be able to add a note on an order line that is visible in the manufacturing process, this might be the file name of a picture to be printed on the product, so the scenario is something like "make a mug with this photo of my cat on it" or I want to be able to specify a simple one off variation that won't affect pricing or the standard BOM "1 burger, but without the pickles" this has to be visible to the work instructions created in the manufacturing, so that the order gets the particular product they wanted.

Michael St-Georges
On 7/22/14, 7:37 AM

I don't know of any way to do it the easy way. If you find something, please let me know. To achieve a similar effect I had to extend the procurement and manufacturing order to add a notes field and populate this with what was appended to the item description in the sales order.

The code is not public module worthy right now, but I might make rework it to make it public if there is a demand.

that would be interesting to me certainly

Libertus Solutions, Alan Bell
on 7/22/14, 8:44 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Asked: 7/22/14, 7:18 AM
Seen: 546 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM