Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How can I handle pre-orders in OpenERP 7? [Closed]

By
J. Blume
on 12/16/13, 4:06 PM 1,179 views

The Question has been closed

by
Ray Carnes
on 12/18/2013 17:54:54

Hi there,

We have customers who are ordering certain items(products) in avance. These items has a delivery time of at least 5 weeks. The payments of such orders shall be made on the basis of the normally applicable payment period, which is 30 days.

Is it possible to handle pre-orders in openERP 7 and how can I achieve this?

Thanks for your support.

Can you compare the normal workflow of an order and point out where and how processing a pre-order would be different? That may help readers understand what you mean by 'handle'? Pay before shipment? Reserve stock before the order is confirmed?

Bista Solutions US, Ray Carnes
on 12/16/13, 4:52 PM

It's a brandnew product. There's no stock at the moment. But customers who have seen the demo of the product are already placing orders and are commiting to the payment period.

J. Blume
on 12/16/13, 6:58 PM

I forgot to mention; payment before shipment and there is no reserve stock.

J. Blume
on 12/17/13, 5:17 AM

I don't see anything that isn't supported with the standard sales order workflow, set to create invoices before delivery. As long as the product exists in OpenERP (even though you have no stock of it) you can place orders for it and require customers to pay before a delivery order is created. The system will keep track of the amount sold by making the inventory go negative, and giving you a scheduler exception until you find a way to procure it and bring it into stock. Once orders are paid, the delivery will sit until the stock is made/bought.

Bista Solutions US, Ray Carnes
on 12/17/13, 5:30 PM

Hi Ray, you are right! It can be processed in the standard order workflow. Thanks for the help.

J. Blume
on 12/18/13, 10:26 AM
medhabib
On 12/16/13, 4:47 PM

you can try setting=>accounting=> Allow pro-forma invoices and Manage customer payments

Thanks medhabib. I will try it and give you feedback about the result.

J. Blume
on 12/16/13, 6:59 PM

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 12/16/13, 4:06 PM
Seen: 1179 times
Last updated: 4/29/16, 8:57 PM