Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How can I get my email to be read into OpenERP?

By
Torvald B. Bringsvor
on 2/5/13, 7:07 PM 12,543 views

I'm curious about the Messaging application in OpenERP 7. But I can't seem to find any info on how to configure it really. I see the 'Configure incoming mail servers' option, but I don't know what to select for the 'Server Action' and 'Create a new record' options.

I'm using google mail to host my domain.

Create a "Catch all" address on your GMail setup

Then add your domain under Settings->General Settings in "Alias Domain" under the Email section

Then Configure your incoming mail server to the "Catch All" GMail Account. "Server Action" and "Create New Records" should be left blank.

Under "Settings->Technical->Email->Aliases" you can mange the aliases for the different objects

You need to have "Technical Features" enabled for your user account to do this

Great description, finally got mine to work! - two points 1) you only need to configure one outgoing mail server eg catchall@mycompany 2) if you use the email option and receive news and feeds under users make sure the email doesnt go to the catchall email - you'll get hundreds of repeated emails

Cameron
on 2/7/13, 7:03 AM

Thanks! it workis for me now. Another point. For me it doesn't works till i enter "Email Aliases" in "Create new records". Did I make something wrong? Thanks again!

Juan José Scarafía
on 2/13/13, 11:47 AM

If this answer was helpful please accept it as answer by checking the checkmark. As the FAQ does not talk about it here is a link to an answer on StackOverflow that explain why accepting answer is useful to the community. Or upvote it if it was useful

Yaroslav
on 2/14/13, 7:17 AM

For me, I should enter "lead/opportunity" in "create new records". If it's left blank, I receive no mail.

Wided Kéfi
on 9/30/15, 7:06 AM
Maxime Deuse
On 9/5/14, 8:15 AM

Check this answer to get more explanations about Hans's answer: https://www.odoo.com/forum/help-1/question/how-to-set-up-e-mail-messaging-with-odoo-61796

gunnar

--gunnar--
| 6 7 8
Germany
--gunnar--

born

gunnar
On 6/30/14, 3:47 AM

here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoHPgtsM2fA is a tutorial that deals with emailing and how to set that up. maybe that points in the right direction.

Benson
On 9/18/13, 6:10 AM

If i may ask, what is usually entered in the default values for the Aliases...

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

6 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 2/5/13, 7:07 PM
Seen: 12543 times
Last updated: 10/28/15, 1:30 PM