Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How Can I Fire an Employee? Or how can an employee leave a job?

Zura Tsiklauri
on 6/20/14, 4:17 AM 530 views

Where is the button get out from my sight:))). Is there any way to fire an employee or when an employee leaves a company because of some reason?

Ludo - Neobis

--Ludo - Neobis--
| 2 2 5
Hoogvliet, Netherlands
--Ludo - Neobis--

Ludo - Neobis
On 6/20/14, 6:41 AM

I do not know of any "Fire" button or functionality, but you might want to set the employee to inactive. He/she will no longer show up with any overviews etc. but will still be in the database for historical purposes. I.e.: The employee will not be deleted.

The only downside to this is that you can no longer reactivate and/or view any information on the employee and in order to make him available again, you would need to run a query on the database, setting active = true.

An alternative would be to use the contracts module where you can define the length of the contract. It will not hide the employee, but it will at least tell you information about the current employee status.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Asked: 6/20/14, 4:17 AM
Seen: 530 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM