Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How can I find the customer who purchased a particular serial number?

Jeff Beidler
on 9/9/14, 5:05 PM 522 views

I know how to record serial numbers on a delivery order, but when I go to the "Warehouse-->Traceability-->Serial Numbers" screen, the only thing I can see is that Serial X was moved from the stock location to the customer location.  I can't see which customer purchased the serial number.  Is there a way to do this? 

Fabrice Henrion (fhe)

--Fabrice Henrion (fhe)--
| 7 7 8
San Francisco, United States
--Fabrice Henrion (fhe)--

Director Odoo USA

Fabrice Henrion (fhe)
On 9/9/14, 6:19 PM

Assuming v7, in Warehouse-->Traceability-->Stock Moves, you can filter by serial number to see all the moves of a certain item or batch and the column "Source" will tell you what explains that move. You can therefore find the corresponding sale order number, then go to Sales-->Sale Orders to identify the customer.

Alternatively, you can also directly click on the Stock Move and drill-down in 1 click in the delivery order to see who it was shipped to. In the Delivery order, you can go to the second tab called "Additional Info" and drill-down again in one click to the SO.

Thanks, that helps. To make it simpler, one could probably write a little module to enable searching by serial number on the Traceability-->Serial Numbers screen. Kind of odd that it isn't that way by default. I know the customer name/id is attached somehow, so that could probably be added to the Serial Numbers screen as well.

Jeff Beidler
on 9/9/14, 6:57 PM

No you can't. If you are in the renting business, you will send and retrieve several times the same item to and from different customers. You can't associate directly a serial number and a customer.

Fabrice Henrion (fhe)
on 9/9/14, 8:10 PM

We don't rent, so I don't see why we couldn't pick up the customer name from the delivery order . . .

Jeff Beidler
on 9/10/14, 11:39 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Asked: 9/9/14, 5:05 PM
Seen: 522 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM