Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How can I enter the location wise initial stocks in OpenERP?

By
Mudi Vand
on 11/18/14, 3:40 AM 1,357 views

Hello everyone!

How can I enter the location wise initial stocks in OpenERP?

For example, lets say, I have two warehouses WH1 and WH2. In both warehouses, I maintain stocks of products P1, P2 and P3. At the point of installing the system, my stock status is as follows:

In WH1 I have 5 P1s, 8 P2s and 2 P3s.

In WH2 I have 10 P1s, 4 P2s and 8 P3s.

How can I define these information as initial stocks in the system?

Thanks in advance for your kind help.

Baiju

--Baiju--
| 5 4 8
Kochi, India
--Baiju--
ODOO technical and functional

I like learning new thing, especially technical thing. I am a quick learner, I can learn technical things very fast. I have good logical skill,  I have immense interest in programming.

e-mail id : baijuks@hotmail.com

Baiju
On 11/18/14, 3:49 AM

You can do that from -> Warehouse > Inventory Control > Inventory Adjustments

Create all the products for which you want to keep the stock (as stockable products). Once the required products in stock have been defined, use an initial inventory operation to put the current quantities into the system by location. Go to the menu Warehouse > Inventory Control > Inventory Adjustments to enter your initial inventory.

Give it a name (for example Initial Inventory) and select the stock location for your inventory. Note that when you select a parent location (such as Stock, which might be split into sublocations), you can also select the sub (or child) locations. You can choose between making an initial inventory for All products in that location, or for one product only. In this case, we choose the All products option. If you need your stock valuation to be done in a different period than the one that will be selected by default according to the inventory end date, enter the corresponding accounting period in the Force Valuation Period field.

In case of the initial inventory that is drawn up when you start in Odoo, no stock is available yet. Click the Start Inventory button and add each product by clicking the Add an item link. Select the corresponding stock location if it differs from the default one. Add the Real Quantity that you have in your stock for each product.

Click the Validate Inventory button to confirm the initial inventory and post it.

On the Inventory Adjustments tab, notice that the Source Location is automatically set to the virtual Inventory Loss location. Odoo always needs a source location and a destination location.

Refer this link : Initial inventory

Hope this helps...

Thank you very much Baiju. After applying your method I found out that it can be done directly from the Product form as well. Thank you once again.

Mudi Vand
on 11/18/14, 10:42 AM

Emipro Technologies Pvt. Ltd.

--Emipro Technologies Pvt. Ltd.--
Tiny ERP Pvt Ltd
http://www.odoo.com
| 6 7 8
Rajkot, India
--Emipro Technologies Pvt. Ltd.--

Being an emerging leader in IT market since 2011, Emipro Technologies Pvt. Ltd. has been providing a wide range of business solutions in Odoo & Magento. We are pleased to have a large pool of contented customers with our meticulous work in the domain of ERP & e-Commerce. A ray of relief & satisfaction to  our customers heart by our successful deployment in their organization, purely represents our success in Odoo platform. Hence, we take pride for being an Odoo partner with a vision of expanding our strategic alliances with our customers to offer them high value-added, trustworthy & cost effective solutions.

Since establishment, our business has span across 11 countries of the world. Our customers are companies of all sizes ranging from start-ups to large enterprises, who realize that they need a professional business solutions to generate revenue streams, establish proper communication channels or streamline business operations. Standing with strong determination of customer satisfaction, observing each minute detail of their business processes, providing proper guidance and moving forth to develop product accordingly adds our value and reliability among our customers. 

We are blessed with efficient, passionate & eclectic young developers who have come across almost all kinds of business profiles, working with full dedication, applying creativity & new features in existing modules and completing customer's projects successfully on predefined target. Our in-depth knowledge while giving business solutions in Odoo allows us to offer following services to our customers :

• Consulting
  • Installation, Configuration & Customization
  • Training & Support
  • Maintenance
  • Upgradation
  • Documentation
  • Crafting community modules
  • Drafting videos on demand
  • Smart Apps development

We will be :) to welcome you @ www.emiprotechnologies.com to solve any kind of your business needs around Odoo. However we are just an inch away from you by email info@emiprotechnologies.com or a tweet to @EmiproTech

Emipro Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
On 11/18/14, 4:37 AM

Hello Mudi

You can achieve this from "Warhouse -> Inventory Control -> Inventory Adjustments". This will allow you to select the location where you want to set the quantities. Also it allows you to set whether you want to create inventory for single product or for all products.

Once you fill up this basic information and click on "Start Inventory" it will list out the products and there under "Theoratical Qty" you can set your values and validate by clicking on "Validate Inventory" the inventory.

This will raise your inventory in particular location.

Hope this helps !!.

I am using OpenERP v7. I am sorry I forgot to mention that in my question. I think 'Physical Inventories' in v7 is something similar to what you have explained. And yes, it creates the stocks in separate locations. Thank you very much Emipro Technologies.

Mudi Vand
on 11/18/14, 10:54 AM

wooooow good job empiro ...i like it

LIfe
on 11/19/14, 12:29 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 11/18/14, 3:40 AM
Seen: 1357 times
Last updated: 4/9/15, 2:25 AM