Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How can I customize the address format?

v7
By
Torvald B. Bringsvor
on 3/4/13, 6:32 PM 6,639 views

I believe I read somewhere that it should be possible to customize the postal address format, without making a new invoice layout.

Here in Norway we use the <postalcode> <city> format, like 1234 Cityname. Is it possible to configure this in OpenERP?

What is the OpenERP version you use ? V7 ? V6 ?

Tuxservices, Jeudy Nicolas
on 3/4/13, 7:27 PM

Sorry, it's V7.

Torvald Baade Bringsvor, Torvald B. Bringsvor
on 3/4/13, 7:28 PM

Jeudy Nicolas

--Jeudy Nicolas--
| 6 7 8
PELOUSEY, France
--Jeudy Nicolas--

- Linux administrator - Functional guy with OpenERP - Python, html, css, javascript developer OpenERP Ready Partner

Jeudy Nicolas
On 3/4/13, 7:33 PM

In V7, go to sale -> configuration -> address book -> localization -> country (make sure you have technical data right on your user account to see this menu).

Then choose your Country and setup address_format field.

eg:

%(street)s
%(street2)s
%(zip)s %(city)s
%(country_name)s

Note:

There is a function fields_view_get_address for the format_address class in openerp/addons/base/res/res_parnter.py that inherit form view to change layout of address. Think it could be what you want to achieve.

Sorry for mixing up the thread, but this brings up another question: Why don't I have a config menu for the sales module? I have got it for the accounting module, and I am admin. Is there some configuration settings for disabling config menu?

on 3/5/13, 7:18 PM

Make sure your admin user has the technical features box checked to see all menus.

Nicholas Linn
on 3/6/13, 5:25 PM

Thanks, this works like a charm. Next step is to update the invoice layout alltogether, but I'll leave that for another day.

on 3/7/13, 6:56 PM

Ermin Trevisan

--Ermin Trevisan--
| 6 3 7
Walchwil, Switzerland
--Ermin Trevisan--

Ermin Trevisan
On 6/30/16, 8:38 AM

In Version 9.0 Community (and most probably also Enterprise) you'll find it under "Sales/Configuration/Contacts/Localization/Countries", select the country of your choice and edit the settings.

Panos
On 6/30/16, 8:15 AM

How can I change the address format in odoo 9? There is no address book in sales

Roberto Barreiro
On 11/25/14, 6:29 AM

This worked for me. hope it helps.

%(street)s

%(street2)s

%(zip)s %(city)s

%(state_name)s

%(country_name)s

wjn
On 3/30/13, 9:19 AM

I tried this too, like answered above. But it changes also the way the fields are displayed. If I use the example above as format, my fields at the form are displayed as:

[Street ]

[Street2 ]

[ZIP ]

[City ]

[State ]

[Country ]

Instead of the wanted:

[Street ]

[Street2 ]

[ZIP ][City ]

[Country ]

How to change this? (Without editing the xml view manually).

Can you send a screenshot ? or send to me if you don't have enough karma ?

on 4/5/13, 10:31 AM

you should not remove the state field. Otherwise, you would never been able to record companies in other countries

Fabien Pinckaers (fp)
on 4/17/13, 3:35 AM

@Fabien: If your company just have business in france for example, you don't need state. I think in most case (for my experience), i can work without state. So is there a solution or not ? that's just the question :)

on 4/17/13, 6:11 AM

@Fabien Pinckaers: I thought [Country] (country_name) defines the country?

wjn
on 4/17/13, 5:08 PM

@Nicolas JEUDY: I don't know how to send screenshots, you can find them via the links. 4 screenshots, standard localization (1) & how it appears (2), custom localization (3) & how it appears on the screen (4). (1) http://www.mijnalbum.nl/GroteFoto-YKJZSNH6.jpg, (2) http://www.mijnalbum.nl/GroteFoto-BR4URYER.jpg, (3) http://www.mijnalbum.nl/GroteFoto-4LL4VOUM.jpg, (4) http://www.mijnalbum.nl/GroteFoto-GQTG3IWF.jpg

wjn
on 4/17/13, 5:10 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

3 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 3/4/13, 6:32 PM
Seen: 6639 times
Last updated: 10/27/16, 10:47 PM