Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How can i create a tax that susbstract the value from total amount of transaction?

By
samba
on 8/23/14, 2:40 AM 639 views

The normal taxes adds the amount of tax to total i.e subtotal=100 tax %=10, then transaction total is 110. I want to create a tax that substract the amount from subtotal i.e subtotal=100 tax %=10, then transaction total is 90. How can i create this?

Eva Pinter
On 8/23/14, 3:47 AM

Hello,

Just put a dash (minus) sign.  For instance, instead of writing 0.1 you write -0.1

This will deduct the amount.

Good luck

Thank you Eva

samba
on 8/23/14, 7:25 AM

Med Said BARA

--Med Said BARA--
| 5 5 7
Algeria
--Med Said BARA--
Med Said BARA
On 8/23/14, 3:51 AM

Just add minus: -10% or -0.10

If you create the Tax from the Accounting/ configuration/ Taxes under the Tax Computation Tab: fill 0.10 in the Amount field and -1.00 in the Base Code sign field.

I have followed the above steps. i have created a tax with name "TDS" enter base code sign=-1.00, Amount field, i unable to find it in the screen. I thought this is required field under "Tax Type", i have given 0.10000. But amount not deducting from total. if i change the 10 % o.10 to -0.10 its deducting. Am i face any problem in accounting system if i change like this?

samba
on 8/23/14, 7:39 AM

You are noy facing any problem. Yes it's this field (under the Tax Type), And i think it's a bug that makes the name of the field not appearing in the view.

Med Said BARA
on 8/23/14, 8:00 AM

The exact name of the field is "Tax Amount"

Med Said BARA
on 8/23/14, 8:07 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 8/23/14, 2:40 AM
Seen: 639 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM