Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How can I create a DB without demo data? is there any parameter in odoo-server.conf to set up this option?

By
Luis Pozo
on 1/16/15, 9:03 AM 1,195 views

Enviroment: Odoo in AWS EC2 instance using NginX. Database: aws RDS

I can't create database in first start because y fails. I need to create database on RDS GUI and it works fine when I do login, but I can not avoid demo data, that is why I'm asking for this parameter.

Ermin Trevisan

--Ermin Trevisan--
| 6 3 7
Walchwil, Switzerland
--Ermin Trevisan--

Ermin Trevisan
On 1/16/15, 12:37 PM

Even if you uncheck demonstration data, you still have "Your Company" implemented with some basic data, as for example a small chart of accounts, taxes etc.

zbik

--zbik--
| 6 4 7
Lodz, Poland
--zbik--

zbik
On 1/17/15, 1:22 PM

In openerp-server.conf exists parameter:

without_demo = ...

description for it: disable loading demo data for modules to be installed (comma-separated, use "all" for all modules).

Command line equivalent --without_demo

aci aisha
On 1/16/15, 9:13 AM

uncheck Load demonstration data field as follows,

Luis Pozo
On 1/17/15, 12:04 PM

Thanks I've already done. ! The problem with RDS it's probably RDS.I have to follow these steps:
1.- Login (admin admin) 
2.- Logout
3.- Delete DB
4.- Create a new one (and this time uncheck Load demostration data)
Note: AWS RDS only one db per instance

that first youhave to login

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 1/16/15, 9:03 AM
Seen: 1195 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM