Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How can I copy my data and configuration from one openERP instance to another?

AppliSential (Pty) Ltd
on 7/1/13, 6:03 AM 1,224 views

I am trying to fix a number of errors that I cannot seem to resolve. I have created another instance of OpenERP and activated the various modules. How can I copy the configuration from the original instance to the new one? I should be able to export my module specific data one module at a time.

Please advise.

| 5 4 7
Baarn, Netherlands
On 7/1/13, 7:10 AM

The common way to copy the data and configuration from one instance to another is to make a backup of the running version, and import that as a new DB on the new server (or as a new DB on the existing server).

At the moment however, the option of making a backup through the web interface is giving an error. A bug-report has been filed and openERP is working on the issue.

Even without the bug mentioned, I do not think this will help the problem the OP experiences. I have a similar situation. I have set up openerp and played around and now I more or less understand how I ought to do things. But i sit with things like a manufacturing order for which i somehow managed to delete the BOM and now, I can not get rid of the thing. So I do not want it around when we start using openerp for real. I want to copy the configuration and modules and everything EXCEPT the data like transactions etc. I do not think you can do this. You more or less have to start again.

Gerhard botha
on 8/21/13, 1:06 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Asked: 7/1/13, 6:03 AM
Seen: 1224 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM