Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How can I change the search for products to treat a space like Google does?

Gilles Lehoux
on 3/10/14, 9:58 PM 676 views

How can I change the search for products to treat a space like Google does?

Right now, if your are filling in a field where a product belongs then whatever you type is used in a full-string search, as if you had used quotes in Google. How can I setup OpenERP so that the search behavior is like Google without quotes?

Suppose these products are defined:

• red blue yellow box
  • red green yellow box

Suppose I'm filling a sales order and my cursor is in the product field. If I type "red yellow" then no products will be suggested in the drop down below the field. I could go to "Search More" to find what I'm looking for. Can I change a setting so that both products are immediately suggested below the product field on the sales order? This would mean that the space character is treated as the AND operator rather than as part of the search string. I imagine such a setting would have an effect throughout OpenERP wherever a field has a drop down below it with suggestions.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Asked: 3/10/14, 9:58 PM
Seen: 676 times
Last updated: 9/4/15, 4:53 AM