This question has been flagged
10 Replies

I have tried now for few days but not able to make it work.

I have odoo 10 community running on ubuntu 17.05.

Now I have download the source using git and want to configure it to run from eclipse, but the issue is that

the port 8069 is occupied.

How can I configured the source to use another port ? for example 8070 ?

Thanks

Discard
Best Answer

Change the xmlrpc_port parameter in your odoo.conf file (or add a new line with the port number of your choice).

Discard

Hello sir can i install odoo using shell script with my desire folder name and port number ? How i can update my given port number in .conf file ? How i can create my desire database user & database name frm shell script ?? Please share your mail id for sending u details for this.

Best Answer

You can watch how to set xmlrpc_port in odoo.conf file 

https://www.youtube.com/ Change the 8069 to another port in odoo 10 on ubuntu

Discard

Hello sir can i install odoo using shell script with my desire folder name and port number ? How i can update my given port number in .conf file ? How i can create my desire database user & database name frm shell script ?? Please share your mail id for sending u details for this.

Best Answer

Change the xmlrpc-port to the desired port in the odoo-server.conf file.

Discard
Author Best Answer

Hello Mishra.

Thanks it works like a charm.

Ermin: I am very new to odoo as java developer I want to be able to have 2 different instance running.

one i can use as reference how things look like, and the other to modify the python files, I want to learn o develop odoo.

Thanks

Discard

If you have 2 odoo instances, you also have 2 odoo.conf files (or 2 config.py files), so it is up to you if you prefer to modify code or conf files for the purpose of configuration. I would prefer conf files.

Best Answer

Hi Hoboy,

You need to go throught the odoo/tools folder path in your directory, there you can find the config.py file.

Now you need to edit the config.py file and search for the below code[**] which may be arround line number 124 [Line number may be differ as per different odoo packages]:

* * : group.add_option("--xmlrpc-port", dest="xmlrpc_port", my_default=8069, help="specify the TCP port for the XML-RPC protocol", type="int")

At the given piece of code above you need to replace 8069 with the port number of your own choice,then save the file and restart the server.

Discard

Can you explain why one would want to change the code to do that? What about upgrade safety?

Hi Ermin,I can understand your concern,but here we are not changing the code just we are changing the port parameter in config file as you too mentioned above.I hope it should not affect the upgrade.We need to have this procedure to run multiple instances on a same server.

You are welcome to come up with new implementation procedure with detailed information.

I'm not sure if config.py is upgrade-safe. And I consider it to be easier to change the odoo.conf file instead. And if I have multiple instances on the same server, I also have multiple conf files where I can define the different xmlrpc_ports, isn't it?

Yeah,this too seems fine, I'll through this implementation also and get back,once again thanks for the information.