This question has been flagged

I have set up sales orders to automatically create manufacturing orders.  The sales order line "date_needed" field uses the products manufacturing lead time to create a manufacturing order "date_planned".   Also the  associated work orders "date_planned" fields  are also scheduled using the sales order date. This is all fine.

The problem is if production wants to reschedule the manufacturing order. The sales order confirmation also confirms the manufacturing order. Once a manufacturing order has been confirmed, the  "Scheduled Date" (date_planned) becomes read only.  I am able to change the work order's "date_planned", but only into the future. 

Does anyone know how to either make the sales order create "new" and not "confirmed" sales orders, or, even better, how to change a confirmed manufacturing order?

Discard
Author Best Answer

Quick note.  The "date_needed" field is one I have created and it overrides the field (date_order)  Odoo uses  to calculate manufacturing order date.

I could just override the method  make_mo found in procurement.py, specifically this:

production_obj.signal_workflow(cr, uid, [produce_id], 'button_confirm')

but that may be overkill if there is already a way to accomplish this.

Discard