Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How can I assign different managers to different warehouses?

Ademola Oke
on 12/2/14, 12:50 PM 738 views

I have a scenario where there are many warehouses in the same company and each warehouse has a different manager.

How can I create a manager for each warehouse so that all he can see is the operation and activities of the warehouse he is managing?

Record rules comes to mind immediately but i'm hoping there's a simpler way.

Ademola Oke
On 12/14/14, 6:03 PM

Thanks for your response Baiju. I was hoping there was an easier way than this but I guess my worry has been confirmed with your response. Looks like I will have to create a new field so that the Owner field is left intact to do what it was originally designed to do.

Do you have an idea what I can do about this: https://www.odoo.com/forum/help-1/question/how-to-handle-raw-materials-from-different-locations-69947?

| 5 4 8
Kochi, India
ODOO technical and functional

I like learning new thing, especially technical thing. I am a quick learner, I can learn technical things very fast. I have good logical skill,  I have immense interest in programming.

e-mail id : baijuks@hotmail.com

On 12/10/14, 4:27 AM

Hi Ademola,

First of all you have to enable Multiple warehouse feature of odoo..

You can do that by following steps:-

Settings==>Configuration==>Location & Warehouse --> check the feature Manage multiple locations and warehouses

From now you can access Locations from:-

Warehouse==> Locations

Then you can use Owner as Manager and give him access right by customization or

you can create a field Manager like:-

manager = filelds.Many2one('res.partner', 'Manager')

and use this for further customization

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Asked: 12/2/14, 12:50 PM
Seen: 738 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM